The dental implant procedure involves 2 main stages separated by a Minimum of 3 and up to 9 month of healing time:
- Insert a metal screw into the jaw bone
- This screw (the Implant) is inside the jaw-bone and is not visible
- There is an abutment that is screwed onto it and it is visible
- In the event that the work is being done in a visible area (like the smile line), the dentist will place a temporary covering on the abutment for esthetic purpose.
- The next step is implant restoration
- Implant restoration -it takes time for implant to take hold